T/Mini-ball is an introductory division for children 4-6 years. The division is NOT intended to be competitive but is focused on FUN. Game scores and individual team standings are not recorded.
There is typically one practice during the week (at coach's discretion) and one game during the weekend that last 3 innings (approximately 1 hour).
Players will be exposed to the basics of baseball including hitting, catching, throwing and base running. Players will graduate throughout the season from hitting off a tee to coaches pitching to their own players. At three strikes the ball will be placed on T to continue play.
- Learn which direction to run the bases.
- Learn bat/equipment safety.
- Learn basic throwing skills.
- Introduction to positions (infield, outfield, bases)
- Introduction to team sports and getting along with others.
- Have Fun!